POOFBAG for the Planet!
The market is flooded with false eco friendly claims of biodegradable bags, even if it takes 500 years for them to biodegrade!
POOFBAG is CERTIFIED HOME COMPOSTABLE and will biodegrade in 3 to 6 months (not 500 years!).
POOFBAG is made by a trusted US manufacturer in Lake Forest, California.
This biodegradable bag meets the highest compost standards: European EU 13432, TUV Austria OK Compost for Industrial, Home and Marine, BNQ of Quebec, USDA Biobased, and Compost Manufacturing Alliance.
- Made from Non GMO corn & vegetable oils
- Made in USA
- US Certified Biobased product
- TUV Austria (EN 13432) Certified Industrial Compostable
- TUV Certified Home Compostable
- Non PLA/Non-PE
- Not made form Oxo-degradable material
- Chemical Free
- Leak Proof
- Weight capacity 4.4 lbs
- 12 to 18 month shelf life
- Store in a cool, dry place
Poofbags main material mix has been lab tested and certified by the following third-party organizations:
- United States Department of Agriculture’s Certified USDA Biobased Product
- European Standards EN 13432 – TUV Austria Industrial Compostable Product
- European Standards EN 13432 – TUV Austria Home Compostable Product
- Canada’s Bureau de Normalisation du Quebec Certified Product
- Compost Manufacturer’s Alliance Certified Product
- BPI’s ASTM D6400 Compliant Product
THE PROBLEM WITH PLASTIC BAGS
From "The Center for Biological Diversity":
"Plastic bags start out as fossil fuels and end up as deadly waste in landfills and the ocean. Birds often mistake shredded plastic bags for food, filling their stomachs with toxic debris. For hungry sea turtles, it's nearly impossible to distinguish between jellyfish and floating plastic shopping bags. Fish eat thousands of tons of plastic a year, transferring it up the food chain to bigger fish and marine mammals.
- Americans use 100 billion plastic bags a year which require 12 million barrels of oil to manufacture.
- It only takes about 14 plastic bags for the equivalent of the gas required to drive one mile.
- The average American family takes home almost 1,500 shopping bags per year.
- According to Waste Management, only 1 percent of plastic bags are returned for recycling. That means that the average family only recycles 15 bags a year; the rest end up in landfills or as litter.
- Up to 80 percent of ocean plastic pollution enters the ocean from land.
- At least 267 species have been affected by plastic pollution in the ocean.
- 100,000 marine animals are killed by plastic bags annually.
- One in three leatherback turtles have been found with plastic in their stomachs.
- Plastic bags are used for an average of 12 minutes.
- It takes 500 (or more) years for a plastic bag to degrade in a landfill. Unfortunately the bags don't break down completely but instead photo-degrade, becoming microplastics that absorb toxins and continue to pollute the environment."
Choose to be a responsible steward of the planet! Choose to use POOFAG instead of plastic.
Don't be fooled by eco friendly claims of other waste bags claims, some are just sprayed with a biodegradable agent and still take hundreds of years to degrade.
POOFBAG is made of Non GMO corn, biodegradable and certified home compostable. You can actually smell the difference! Smells like popcorn!